Anti-Bullying & LGBT Groups
Mr M Pantling (Anti-bullying)
The anti-bullying group meet once a month in room 2.11 to discuss all aspects of bullying and equality within our community.
We organise surveys, tutor time activities, assemblies and support across the whole school. The anti-bullying group is attended by the Student Support Reps from each house but is open to anyone else that wants to come and join us. The schedule for our meetings this year is below.
Anti-bulling group meeting schedule - New dates coming soon!
LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender) Group
As part of the Anti-bullying group discussions and by working with Student Voice we have now created an LGBT group as students have requested that this is an area they would like to focus on in our community. Mr Pantling and Mr Goodlad attended a “Train the Trainer” course run by Stonewall just before the summer holidays and as a result of this Cedars has now become a Stonewall School Champion. We intend to improve our community by achieving the top Stonewall School Champion Standard, as shown in the checklist.
Advice and Support
If you have any concerns then there a variety of places you can seek support.
In school you could speak to any of the following:
- Your Form Tutor
- Your Head of House or Pastoral Support Assistant
- Someone from the Student Support Centre
- Any teacher or other member of staff you feel comfortable talking to
If you want to seek support or gain information from elsewhere then you could click on any of the links for the following organisations:
- Anti-bullying Helpline – 08452255787 or visit the website www.nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk
- Stonewall – www.stonewall.org.uk
- ChildLine – www.childline.org.uk
- CEOP – www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Cedars Mobile (just send a text) - 07624 810814